Illegal Soap Box Federation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of a steep hill on 52nd and Newton south. It is about 2 1/2 blks long and has no traffic to one side. Residential streets come on to it from one side and they have stop signs. It could be a good practice hill. I haven't been there for a good 20 years or so.

I am pretty busy on the weekends right now. The next three weekends are filled with activities. But I work till about 3:30, 4:00 on weekdays.

I might be able to take some videos of you guys fom my van or Motorbike as well. They always look better when the camera is moving at the same speed.
rex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty cool, I could really hurt myself getting into this in Duluth. Do you have the handlebars tightened pretty stiff?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey rex, Duluth would be a great place for these things. You don't have to go 50, you can find something with turns, dips and speeds that range from 25-40.

The green bike has a 4 bolt stock stem and the X-games bike was replaced with a Trek 4 bolt stem. They're very tight, but something feels a little weird with the position of the bars... they might be too low, too high... I just need to keep moving them around to find the best spot.

The Jeff, weekdays after 4PM works for me. I like the van/video idea, just don't run us over. Smile
rex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if you guys aren't a little too big for the bmx frames. The videos I watched seemed to have smaller guys??? Imagine welding a longer frame with a lower profile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> GAS OIL TIRES WINGS All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: