Suing a motherfucker. Advice?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEDLY DAEGO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Suing a motherfucker. Advice? Reply with quote

So after weeks of contentious litigating the negligent, insulting dipshit of a mechanic has refused to accept my VERY reasonable offer to settle over his shop's work reducing my Triumph to a pile or rubble. Of course I am now filing suit for damages in the area of $5,000.

Does anyone have experience taking someone to conciliatory court? I believe this will be in Ramsey County. Any and all advice will be appreciated, I am in dire financial straits because of this mess and want to see my $ ASAP.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there's a filing fee involved, something like $60. I think this would fall under "small claims". I was in the process of filing a claim myself once, but they paid me to go away before I took it that far. I recall I phoned in Ramsey County, and they sent me the paper work (free, until you file it).
MF Dagger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look into doing a "pocket docket". I'm not quite clear on how to do it properly but essentially you don't file unless they refuse to respond to you in a certain period of time. If they don't then you file and I believe get a judgement in your favor based on them not responding.
TLH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven months later- sorry- please find an attorney who knows a friend of yours and will handle your affairs relatively cheap. I mean- come on- I've never had a time when my friends DIDNT frequent attorneys. I have two really great lawyers- because (I and) my friends and relatives tend to encounter litigious circumstances.

Dont look for shortcuts- dont look for great lawyers- look for great attorneys with epic connections in the judiciary. If you ask around long enough, eventually you'll find the guys you need to represent you.

Aloha- TLH
verle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convince Judge Alex that you'll be outrageous and he'll take care of the rest. You can even try to plug your blog! Win-win
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> • DIY All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: