cold rain = shitty walking weather

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: cold rain = shitty walking weather Reply with quote

I've got gear to walk in all weather except 40 degree rain. I pride myself on walking no less than 3 miles a day- some times as much as 7 or 8- regardless of weather. Two feet of snow? I've got boots, it'll just take longer. Negative 20 and windy? Dress in layers, wear goggles and headphones. 95 and humid? Walk on the shaded side of the street. 40 degrees and raining? Fuck!

I'm still going to do it, it's just going to suck. I don't have any rain gear. It's dorky. I'm not opposed to looking stupid for certain occasions, but I have my limits. Flopping around in knee-high rubbers and a plastic poncho may be the height of fashion on an Alaskan crab boat, but I'm just walking a dog. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I don't want to be breaking new ground here on some weirdo's fetish.

"The Village People could've used that look!"

What are my options? To wear regular shit, that's what. And that's problematic. Work boots and running shoes leak. Snow goggles fog up, and I'm always worried I'm going to get getting an electric shock listening to headphones in the rain. My shaved head is numb from the eyebrows up. But I think the worst offender is denim jeans. They offer no protection. Shrinkage in the front, puckering in the back. They almost make me want to piss myself just to keep warm. It's just sad when you have to resort to swimming pool tricks just to make it through a walk. How do you make it back in the house? I'd have to strip naked in the garage, pack my shit in a garbage bag to take to the laundry room, but then that means I've got to have slippers and a robe waiting for me. Might as well bring out the microwave and some cocoa. What if I've miscalculated my timing, and I'm not home alone when I get back? There's certain things a grown man should under no circumstance have to explain. It's sad. My choices come down to making pee-pee pants, or spending money to look like the guy on a box of fish sticks.

Pants now available in assless
DEDLY DAEGO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a big guy. Wear a tent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't want to be breaking new ground here on some weirdo's fetish.

You aren't exempt from my rules.
vishnu666

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: I Know I'm Lazy Reply with quote

When the weather was shitty, Stubby would jump in my cab for the 1/2 block ride to the park. He'd bail, run until he was wet and tired, take a massive dump and jump back in for the ride home. All I had to do was wipe the dog prints off the back seat and throw in an extra strong air freshener.
rahpower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set of rain clothes from Cabelas that I like. It's a two piece with a separate jacket and pants (not bibs). They also roll up really small to be easily packable. The clothes probably aren't the height of fashion, but they don't look too bad. The jacket looks like a fairly normal jacket except that it's made from a waterproof material. The pants are drawstring and pulled right over your regular pants. Although I don't use the gear too frequently, I do like them and am glad that I have them for certain days. Of course, I really don't care what I look like marching around in my neighborhood. A person would have to wear some serious fetish gear for anyone to even take notice. This outfit, however, still doesn't resolve the footwear problem. But, personally, I like the look of a nice pair of wellies. I just haven't gotten around to buying any yet.
Missy Bigbritches

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This crap just always seems colder, doesn't it? I used to think spring and fall in MN was the best until I came to realize I WAS WRONG. This is the netherland between furnace and open windows and it is fucking cold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> GENERAL HANGOUT All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: