Everyone Loves You When You're Dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Werecat

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Everyone Loves You When You're Dead Reply with quote

I really enjoyed reading this book by Neil Strauss, who also wrote the Motley Crue bio...this is EVERYTHING you want in trashy rock/celeb bios. I loved the way he put it together. Instead of running one interview straight through, he'll start, say with Paris Hilton, and then when she mentions, say the Beach Boys, he jumps to his interview with them. A lot of this is outtakes from interviews he did in Rolling Stone, stuff that didn't fit or wasn't fit for print. I also LOVE his footnoted commentaries. For example, Trent Reznor goes on and on about how he won't sell out, but the footnote tells you, "several months later, he bought a house in Hollywood and married a model." While there's plenty of dish, there's some very moving stuff here too. His journalistic adventure of tracking down what happened to the wax figures of an old country western museum display is amazing!

At the end, he has a few pages of 'what he learned' from interviewing all these famous people (and that's where the book title originates). And don't forget to check the index, it's hilarious.
thosquanta

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

might have to check this out...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sonicfreak

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey werecat, didn't realize you still posted in here! I'm rather infrequent myself these days. Anyhow, i forgot you recommended this to me awhile ago. I'm putting a hold on it for myself right now! thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> BOOK WORMS All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: