Does Anyone Still Read Books?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vishnu666

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Does Anyone Still Read Books? Reply with quote

I need an editor and a publisher. Please don't tell me told send my stuff off to magazines so I can collect rejection letters. I just read a few stories from the old board and they're fucking good!
DEDLY DAEGO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha.

You really think it's that easy? No one, and I mean no one publishes on the merit of something being good. This is a business. You have to find your market, prove your marketability within said market by getting publishing credits to your name, find the magazines and journals compatible with your work, accept those hundred thousand rejection letters, and then write to a market that has not bee oversaturated yet but is still showing promise.

Check out Litreactor.com

They all talk like they know what's up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vishnu666

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Thanks DD Reply with quote

I bust my ass when I work and I bust my brain when I write. I know nothing of the business side of publishing. DIY seems to be a good bet as anything else.
2fisted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read very few books now. Smile
Blondie Ramone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last fall I designed a book cover for a local elderly gentleman from this area who used https://www.createspace.com/pub/l/books_fs.do?rewrite=true&ref=446058&utm_id=4822&cp=70170000000Au78&ls=Search_Marketing&sls=Google&smk=print_on_demand to publish his print-on-demand book. CreateSpace is a division of Amazon.com. I didn't deal with any of the publishing issues for the text except for the synopsis on the back cover and the title/author, but I jumped through all the hoops for the print requirements for the cover. He figured the rest out and he was a very un-tech savvy old man. My guess is you could easily figure it out too if you wanted to go this route.

Hit me up on FB if you want to know more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> GENERAL HANGOUT All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: