Don't Bleed On Me: Wrestling's Hepatitis C Secret Revealed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Don't Bleed On Me: Wrestling's Hepatitis C Secret Revealed Reply with quote

http://dontbleedonme.com

To summarize the story, the wrestler who goes by Abdullah The Butcher allegedly spread Hep C to a younger up-and-coming wrestler in a cage match. Abdullah has massive scarring on his head due to years of "blading"- the intentional act of cutting one's head with a concealed razor blade, producing blood for theatrical effect. In this particular match, Abdullah is seen cutting open his own head with a blade taped to his finger, and later in the match cutting open the head of his opponent with the same blade. And according to the infected wrestler, he never gave Abdullah permission to cut him.

The documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E575FJthcZY

Vrooman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some weird shit. You gotta be a bit nuts to get in the ring with him.
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the wrestlers and even promoters are glorified marks- it's like they're living out a childhood dream by being involved in the business, and particularly when they get to work with a "legend". There's no doubt there's some sick fucks out there that would consider it an honor to catch a disease from a guy like this.
whitebone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched any of the clips, etc., but I'm assuming they mention that wrestlers are exposed to a lot of diseases. Herpes and M.R.S.A. being some of them, as well as a few of the "Hep" ones... Really gross business to be in...
Bi Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Orton was blamed for the same thing
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there's been outbreaks of herpes in amateur wrestling, and that a lot of MMA and BJJ practitioners wear "rash guards" when grappling to avoid this. Staph infections are also have been known to happen in wrestling and MMA. The Hep C thing seems to mainly be in pro wrestling, especially in the older generation, where they would frequently bleed on one another. It's harder to diagnose in wrestling too, because most of the time they're not subject to medical examinations of an athletic commission.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> GENERAL HANGOUT All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: