CBD Oil
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitebone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: CBD Oil Reply with quote

Anyone here use it? I've just recently "discovered" it. Helps tremendously with anxiety.
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not oil per se, but I've used wild hemp with great success, and it's free.

Hemp is on average 2% CBD- sometimes a little lower, and sometimes a lot higher.

But yeah, I've used CBD to treat a number of things:

-Alcohol hangovers

-nausea (caused by hangovers and kratom use)

-pain

-anxiety

and my personal favorite use:

-when you get too high on weed CBD is the antidote to THC.

That being said, you may like L-Theanine as well. It's a protein enzyme extracted from green tea, and its very similar to CBD in many regards. It's actually the antidote to caffeine- the yin/yang effect much as CBD is to THC. And it also works for anxiety, but where it really shines:

-Theanine reduces caffeine's "racing" effects if you get too amped,

and my favorite use:

-It dramatically reduces alcohol hangovers.

Theanine, like CBD, can be taken anytime. It doesn't have any psychoactive effects or make you drowsy. In fact its not what it does- you feel nothing much from it honestly- it's what it takes away.

$20 and you can get 100 grams, which is easily a year supply. I get mine online at LiftMode.com

As far as hemp goes, I know a few spots where it grows wild, but the down side is you gotta wait until the end of the summer to harvest it. But its free, and in abundance. If course you can just acquire seeds and grow your own, indoor or out.
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
https://www.buylegalmeds.com/product/cloud-n9ne-hemp-cbd-flower-strain-special-sauce-helps-relieve-stress-anxiety-pain-and-much-more

^^Legal cannabis you can order to your home, 17% CBD

The legal distinction between "marijuana" and hemp is that while they're both cannabis, hemp is defined as having .3% or less of THC. That's why you can find cbd hash oil and buds/flowers at some tobacco shops in this state now.
whitebone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to look into the L-theanine. I've stopped drinking alcohol and caffeine, hence my "journey" into CBD. The current one I'm using now is called HempX. There's so much info. on all the differences that I end up going down various rabbit holes.
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind, companies who sell a product will make many claims about their said product to increase their profit margin. Even if they sell a reputable product, you're paying a huge markup on what you can make very inexpensively and easily.

Something else to keep in mind is the oral bioavailibility of CBD- 4-20%. That' means if you're taking 10mg, you're only getting 2mg into your bloodstream *at best*.

Bang for the buck, vaping flowers are the fastest, most efficient (34-56% bioavailibility), and least expensive way to consume.

One would think that with all the marketing, CBD would be a rare, precious commodity that's hard come by and even harder to process. Truth is, it's very easy to find, grow, or just outright pay for them. And it by any metric should be more accessible and cheaper than caffeine. A coffee bean has 1.4% caffeine on average, and has to be imported. Hemp is domestic, and grows relatively quickly. CBD, literally, should cost less than caffeine, milligram for milligram.
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered some "hemp flower", this particular strain being "Lifter" from Tweedle Farms out of Oregon. 20% CBD. Looks like weed, smells like weed, basically is weed, but no THC. It even comes with a disclaimer note to law enforcement which in a nutshell explains that while this product looks like marijuana, it is in fact legal industrial hemp sans THC.

Anyhow, I opted for the "smalls", being small buds, for $60 an oz as opposed to the full sized buds which go for $100. They're what potheads call "popcorn buds". Since they lack "bag appeal" they sell for less, and I'm a bargain hunter.

The results: It's like smoking Valium. Relaxed body, relaxed mind. And fully functional. There's the familiar relaxed sideways feeling smoking an indica can provide, just without the mental impairment or headiness. There's no overt sedation either. If you're tired you'll sleep, but it's not going to make you drowsy. I also noticed there's an element of mental focus and memory boost that shut out the mental background noise, leaving me to focus on task. I suspect this would do well with the ADHD types.

Also, if you're prone to road rage, this is your herb. The "I don't give a fuck" is strong with this one.
cj

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pretty severe anxiety, and lately have been suffering from what I believe are panic attacks, especially at night, right as I'm falling asleep. Shortness of breath, cold sweats, tightness in my chest, and a feeling of (almost) paralysis. Problem is, I'm in rehab, so I cannot get a doctor to write me a prescription for anything. This sounds like it would benefit me greatly. I have to submit to a drug screen once a month, for rehab. Since this does not contain thc, do you think I would be OK as far as my monthly drug screen goes? Just looking for some advice, as I'm not sure what to try. But if this has similar effects to valium, it seems like this would help me tremendously.
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you in rehab for, if you don't mind me asking?

As far as CBD hemp goes, there's very little to no THC in my purchase (it came with a lab report with the cannabinoid/terepene breakdown). If in doubt you can get a thc test kit from a pharmacy or even the dollar store.

CBD does work for anxiety, but there are also other options that you can use either alone or with it, such as the aforementioned L-Theanine and magnesium. Magnesium is a good one because most Americans are deficient in it anyhow, and is a natural muscle relaxer.

Kratom works as well and is legal in most places currently, but if you have chemical dependency issues, probably not the best option as you could end up with another addiction. How ever, it a far lesser of an evil than alcohol or narcotics, which many people use it as a substitute for.
cj

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, I really appreciate the info. I'm in rehab for opioid addiction. I tore my rotator cuff pretty severely back in 2007, and the doctor I was seeing at the time put my on vicoden. Stayed on them too long, then my dose wasn't enough so my doctor increased it etc etc, then came the opioid crisis and he cut me off. By then it was a done deal.

Which also has me wondering what will work, as I am taking methadone every day. I started at 60ml a day, I'm now down to 40ml a day. But since methadone is a receptor blocker, I'm not sure what will work. I want to ask the doctor I see at the rehab clinic I go to, but I'm scared that if I do that, they will kick me out. But I'm more scared of dropping dirty for something, because then I'll get kicked out for sure...
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not qualified to administer medical advice in any official capacity, but have you looked into kratom?

There's been a lot of people in the past decade or so that credit it with getting them off of opiates. It works similar to opiates, and yes, there's a euphoric element to it hence the potential to be habit forming, but it's the "lesser evil" compared to pharmaceuticals.

Here's a balanced article on the pros and cons:

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/kratom-effects/

There's plenty of Q and A stuff here:

http://www.ilovekratom.com/forum/kratom-discussion
whitebone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a ton of info. out there on the affects of mushrooms/psychadelics used in "curing" opiate addiction.

Google Paul Stamets for one.

Rabbit hole, rabbit hole......

Last edited by whitebone on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
whitebone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you smoke your "lifter" buds, or vape?

You feel comfortable operating a motor vehicle after intake?

As a side note, MN. really needs to get it together as far as the legalization/decriminalization of marijuana. I believe it would be an excellent crop to grow here. We have all sorts of other "progressive" agendas going on in this state, but this is still a big bugaboo.
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've both smoked and have made brownies out of it. I broke my vape, or else I'd prefer it to smoking.

Smoking: Effects last up to two hours. I smoked a whole sizable joint of it, probably 15 hits, and I felt what I'd describe as stoned, minus the heady thc brain circus. 2 or 3 hits and it's perfectly functional with a mild relaxing/calming effect.

Edibles: It can take 1-2 hours to kick in, but it also lasts up to 6 hrs. Feels more like a mild muscle relaxer. Good for pain and sleep. I probably wouldn't consume it this way during the day unless caffeine is part of the equation.

Another plus of high CBD cannabis is that it can be mixed (smoked or in edibles) with high THC strains. THC has some benefits too, but some people don't like getting high or just like the boost in the medicinal properties that CBD alone doesn't do. CBD is also good to have on hand as an exit strategy for those that have gotten higher than they like- CBD is the antidote to THC.
whitebone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered some "pineberry shake". We'll see what happens. I never knew about any of this. I'm used to just smoking reg. bud once in a great while, and then realizing that I really don't like the feeling of being way too fucked up to do anything. It seems that a lot of product at Tweedle sells out quickly.
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember, if you plan on making edibles or extract, you've got to "decarb" the weed first- that goes for both THC and CBD dominant strains.

In a nutshell, on cannabis flowers both THC and CBD come in the non-bioavailable "acid" form, "THCa" and "CBDa" respectively. So to make them bioavailable, decarboxylation is necessary, lest you just shit out the plant material without getting any benefit from them.

Decarbing CBD flowers: Leave them intact (you can use a coffee grinder or small food processor to grind into a powder when it's done decarbing). Measure out the amount you're going to use (personally, I use 3.5g of Lifter and an additional 1.5g of a high THC strain), put it on some foil thats folded kind of like an envelope so it doesn't accidentally spill, and heat it at 245 degrees for 45 minutes. When it's done you can cook with it or make "Green Dragon", which is a tincture/extract:

Code:
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/cannabis-tinctures-101-what-are-they-how-to-make-them-and-how-to

Personally, I like the brownie method because it's a foolproof way of measuring a dose thats easy to remember- I use an 8x8 pan, cut the brownies into 9 equal pieces, then eat 1/2 of a square, so one batch of brownies = 18 servings. You'll know at about the 2 hr mark what the full effects are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> GENERAL HANGOUT All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: