CBD Oil
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent information all the way around, thank you. I might look in to an alternative to methadone, but I do not know if I am ready to do that quite yet. I am afraid of alternatives not working as well as my prescribed methadone, and then being back to where I was before I started rehab... that is, dope sick and constantly missing work.

I was looking in to something with CBD oil as a means to help control my anxiety and severe nerves. I think I might order something from Tweedle. Their website has a lot to offer (when they have stuff in stock). And since I have to drop once a month for my drug test, I figure as soon as I drop, I'm good for at least a couple weeks. I really like the idea of the calming effects, without the THC high. I will let you call know when I order something, and how it does for me. Thank you all again for the advice... this has been extremely helpful.
Mild Thing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.

Back to theanine for a moment- L-Theanine is an amino acid that's extracted from green tea. It works- with varying results- for anxiety. For some people it's a godsend; for others it's just not strong enough. But it's cheap and widely available, and in my opinion worth looking into. You can find it at places like GNC and Walmart, but the most cost effective one I found was 100 grams for $20 at LiftMode.com

Where theanine really shines though is in two areas:

1. For both preventing and curing alcohol hangovers (it's antioxidant effect). You can take it before, during, and/or after drinking. It's damn near as effective as Valium for hangover relief.

2. It augments caffeine (and other stimulants- it's nootropic effect). If taken with caffeine it seems to prolong the effects while making it less harsh, leaving you more focused mentally. It's also great for coming down from caffeine if you took too much, or had it late in the day and want to get some rest.

As a bonus, it's also been shown to relieve opioid withdrawal signs. I doubt to the same effect as kratom (which I admit have a bias for, and a user myself, as kratom also works on the opioid receptors), but theanine is also non-toxic, non-habit forming, has zero potential for recreational use/abuse, and fast acting. As a weekend warrior and a caffeine enthusiast, I find theanine indispensable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> GENERAL HANGOUT All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: