DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD (Stryper Interview) by Yuck Foo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TCPUNK
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD (Stryper Interview) by Yuck Foo Reply with quote

http://www.tcpunk.com/tcphtml/tcpw22.htm
eXistentialista

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim gaines:

"My views on religion have stayed the same. Religion is worthless and it leads you to eternal death. Religion is mankind trying to work his/her way into heaven. Christianity is God reaching down to mankind and giving him/her a free gift of salvation through believing in His son Jesus Christ."

miriam-webster:

on religion:

Main Entry: re·li·gion
Pronunciation: ri-'li-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back -- more at RELY
Date: 13th century
1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
- re·li·gion·less adjective

on christianity:

Main Entry: Chris·tian·i·ty
Pronunciation: "kris-chE-'a-n&-tE, "krish-, -'cha-n&-, "kris-tE-'a-
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : the religion derived from Jesus Christ , based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies
2 : conformity to the Christian religion
3 : CHRISTENDOM 2

tim apaprently does not understand what religion or christianity truly are within its logical and lingually-defined self...for my religious practice has nothing to do with my "...trying to work his/her way into heaven." and well...christianity IS a religion..and when one applies the definition of such terms and then goes back to tim's statement, translated literally he is saying (if you apply the true language definitions) that christianity is god reaching down to mankind and giving him/her a free gift of salvation through believing...but in the end being that it is a religion will bring you to your death. i think the man needs a dictionary and not a bible...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slomgom_Commie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You actually read that whole thing? What a snooze fest! God this, Jesus Christ that, crappy metal music, blah blah blah!

Stryper should listen to some Slayer.
zom-zom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the difference? Devil this, Satan that, all accompanied by bad metal music. Twisted Evil
Slomgom_Commie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer rarely sing about the devil, and are not Satanists. They just like to drink beer and play morbid, rippin' songs.

Also Slayer has some of the funniest guitar solos ever recorded. It's like a slapstick comedy run through a giant wall of guitar cabs.
chain-wallet bitch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer and Stryper can go circle jerk each other back to the stone ages for all I care, since Slayer is currently touring under the auspices of Clear Channel. Once a landmark metal band, now fucking corporate sell-outs. Evil or Very Mad Yeah, the Stryper interview was rife with contradictions, but I had never actually read any of their press before, so it was kind of interesting, in a voyeuristic sort of way.
eXistentialista

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slomgom_Commie wrote:
You actually read that whole thing? What a snooze fest! God this, Jesus Christ that, crappy metal music, blah blah blah!

Stryper should listen to some Slayer.

actually, once i got to that portion i quit reading it for his ignorance no longer amused me...if one is going to be devout in faith one should comprehend what the fuck they are talking about...

and re: slayer....eh, stryper should listen to some venom...i would have them locked in my living room, strapped to chairs, gagged and then blast 2500w per channel of "Black Metal" and "Raise the Dead" at them...oh yeah...that would indeed work Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slomgom_Commie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Stryper is afraid of bands like Venom and Morbid Angel.

I'll also wager that they shake in their boots at the mention of Good Charlotte.
Joe 3.0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For very personal reasons, I found the interview to be hilarious and very entertaining. Thank you Yuck Foo.
stu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night on "King of the Hill" Bobby fell under the influence of some Christian rock guy. Hank said to the guy: "You're not making Christianity better, you're just making rock and roll worse." Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> • WEBZINE All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: