-> DMT <-
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: -> DMT <- Reply with quote

Dimethyltryptamine

Quote:
Dimethyltryptamine(DMT), also known as Dimitri, and N,N-dimethyltryptamine, not to be confused with 5-MeO-DMT, is a psychedelic tryptamine, similar in structure to the neurotransmitter serotonin. DMT is created in small amounts by the human body during normal metabolism[1] by the enzyme Tryptamine-N-methyltransferase. Pure DMT at room temperature is a light pink, orange, or yellow waxy or crystalline solid. DMT was first chemically synthesized in 1931. It also occurs naturally in many species of plants. DMT-containing plants are used in several South American shamanic practices. It is one of the main active constituents of snuffs like yopo and of the drink ayahuasca.

DMT is not orally active unless it is combined with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), such as harmaline. Without an MAOI, the body quickly metabolizes orally-administered DMT, and it therefore has no hallucinogenic effect. Other means of ingestion such as smoking or injecting the drug, however, can produce powerful hallucinations and entheogenic activity for a short time (usually less than half an hour).

Quote:
From 1990 to 1995 Dr. Rick Strassman conducted U.S. Government-approved and funded clinical research at the University of New Mexico in which he injected sixty volunteers with DMT, one of the most powerful psychedelics known. His detailed account of those sessions is an extraordinarily riveting inquiry into the nature of the human mind and the therapeutic potential of psychedelics. DMT, a plant-derived chemical found in the psychedelic Amazon brew, ayahuasca, is also manufactured by the human brain. In Strassman's volunteers, it consistently produced near-death and mystical experiences. Many reported convincing encounters with intelligent nonhuman presences, aliens, angels, and spirits. Nearly all felt that the sessions were among the most profound experiences of their lives.

Dowmload a PDF version of Dr. Rick Strassman's book DMT: The Spirit Molecule
Code:
http://www.blackclover.com.au/files/Rick.Strassman-DMT-The.Spirit.Molecule.2001.pdf

Interestening book. I'm curious about the drug and the part of the brain known as the Pineal Gland... anybody know anything? Anybody here tried DMT?
play me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcqs9cDuN8

if you still want to do it, send me a pm.

also, check out the wiki page on it too
Yuck Foo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: -> DMT <- Reply with quote

7734 wrote:
I'm curious about the drug and the part of the brain known as the Pineal Gland... anybody know anything? Anybody here tried DMT?

Didn't we both see From Beyond when it came out? Dude had a massive pineal gland in that motherfucker!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. Who knew Joe had it in him... he seems to be on the money with his information about DMT.

I'm not sure about being a psychonaut with my current responsibilities, but I'm curious as hell. PM sent.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: -> DMT <- Reply with quote

Yuck Foo wrote:

Didn't we both see From Beyond when it came out? Dude had a massive pineal gland in that motherfucker!

My Pineal gland must be small, I don't remember seeing that one. Did it stink?

Want to smoke some DMT and go watch a horror film?
Felix Havoc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually really interesting. Don't know who Joe Rogan is but he broke it down pretty simple on that youtube thing. Reading the comments was pretty amusing as well.
TLH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little brother was into this a while back. His chiropractor/actupunturist/homeopath guy set him up to do it in a relatively safe and supervised environment. What he said is that it was a very intense trip like a huge dark acid trip or sometyhing to that effect- but just for a short time. He also swears he died for a bit there.

From what he could tell me he did something called 5MAO DMT which is really gnarly, and that a lot of people mistakenly take something called NMDMT which apparently is like one step from being broken down to the stuff he took and not nearly the trip. He also said he's been told that its a chemical commonly found in large leaf grasses but that the alkaloid is very expensive to extract and break it down to that last level that he got. He also said that there are MAO inhibitors that normally would revive you and this stuff somehow effects them. He told me it's some scary shit and you come away pretty detached and introspective and a little shook and that after doing it once he's very interested in doing it again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's crazy TLH, was he part of a study or was the chiro/homeopath administering it on the sly? From what I've read, his information is dead on including the MAO inhibitor stuff.

I'm about 140 pages in on the 300 plus in the book.
TLH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He actually did it on the sly- I guess they're good friends and it's kind of in demand. My stepmom did it also, the same time. The guy told them all of the cautions and risks beforehand and seemed to be saying that he felt that it's totally possible that could be some breakthroughs in many feilds from this stuff if it's pursued correctly.

My feeling is that the only way it will ever be pursued correctly is on the sly without the government involved. My guess is that he's talking about medical, psychological and spiritual breakthroughs. That would be very cool in my book- I've speculated on some theories here on the site about just that- the Taoist principles being rudimentary beginnings of something vast, tapping the unused portions of the mind, senses beyond the ones we presently utilize, etc...

I'm just scared shitless- like I was with acid- that I would somehow get "stuck" midway and get seriously and irrepairably damaged. Those are the control issues rearing their ugly head there.
Blondie Ramone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading this makes me wonder if there would be any benefits to those crazy rare cases of people who haven't slept in weeks, months or years and eventually go crazy and die.
Felix Havoc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when my dad was in prison, he and his crew used to do stuff like constantly wake each other up so they would never enter REM state sleep. They'd do this for days on end, "sleeping" but only for like 1 hour stretches. After a few days they'd start to hallucinate, basically to dream while awake.
Blondie Ramone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who knows me well knows I've got an insane issue with insomnia, so a while back I was talking to a friend of mine who sounds like his case is on pretty much the same level as mine and he brought up the suspicion that he thinks maybe he has something bordering on an addiction to that overtired haze one gets when they haven't had nearly enough sleep. Sunny, but I'd never thought of it that way, but every since then I've entertained the thought that maybe there's something to that and wondered if that is a motivating factorfor me, and also wondered if anybody has done any kind of study on it. I haven't gone so far as to search for it, but I'd be willing to bet there might be some documentation online in regards to that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sleep like a fucking log, dead to the world. I've never had problems falling asleep. It would be interesting to see what the same DMT dose of .4mg (high dose) would have on Blondie with insomnia issues and me dead to the world.

I'm on page 208 and the stories are getting creepy in a good way.
Blondie Ramone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7734 wrote:
I sleep like a fucking log, dead to the world. I've never had problems falling asleep.

I hate you. Wink

7734 wrote:
It would be interesting to see what the same DMT dose of .4mg (high dose) would have on Blondie with insomnia issues and me dead to the world.

Hmmm... interesting indeed. Are you proposing an experiment? Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do we get the DMT?

I did a google search and found a "How to make DMT", but it didn't look like something you could whip up in the kitchen using Drano, cough drops and Pepsi.

I think I would try it if I could get my hands on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> GENERAL HANGOUT All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: