Desperate to find some obscure Mpls local 80's punk records
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uratoolkm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Desperate to find some obscure Mpls local 80's punk records Reply with quote

I've been digging around for the past few years trying to find any of the music from the local Minneapolis 80's music scene that I had in my collection way back in the day and have had no luck...
I know these are all extremely obscure and probably long gone from all of your collections, but, I thought I'd try groveling just for the hell of it (and lack of any better idea)
I am desperately looking for mp3's (or any other digital copies) of just a few things, far too obscure to find by just digging around on the internet, and I live too far away to actually scour midwestern record stores or hassle local collectors for any of these and thought maybe groveling on here might come up with something...I know these may just be lost and gone with the ages... I'd be suprised if I'm the only one who would kill for a copy of one of these....so, help?

The Urban Guerrillas - Pink Heat Seeking Moisture missile (I think that was the name, i could be wrong, it was their only Lp I believe)

Blind Approach 7"'s (there are 2 of these i think, and there was a demo tape that was really good as well)

Juvenile Truth (from Madison) - No Enemy (cassette only - 1984ish?)

Morticia - Mortal Fear (LP only I think)

Swingin' Teens - Gidget's bitchin' beach party (I think this was just a 7")

The Early Mammals - Dinosaur Omelet (an old Channel 83 LP i believe)

I would think that somebody on this board must have a copy of one of these old gems and thought perhaps may have ripped it to a digital format or something....any help would be greatly appreciated! I know these are obscure and this is a longshot, but, i am desperate for my musical memories to be restored!
Felix Havoc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a thread on here about the Urban Guerrillas not too long ago. They have two records if I'm not mistaken. Used to be a very common record, but since a few sold for decent amounts on Ebay most copies have disappeared in the wild.

Juvenile Truth demo should be easy to d/l on soulseek. There's talk of an official re issue by Barbarian/Ear Wax outta Madison.

Last time I was at Extreme Noise there were Boy Elroy and Civil Defense Lps on the wall, don't see those around much anymore.
Lynn Savage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Urban Guerrillas on e-bay. Try Gemm.com. I just saw the Pink Missles CD listed for $17.25
Owen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Desperate to find some obscure Mpls local 80's punk reco Reply with quote

Morticia...really? Yeesh.

uratoolkm wrote:
I've been digging around for the past few years trying to find any of the music from the local Minneapolis 80's music scene that I had in my collection way back in the day and have had no luck...
I know these are all extremely obscure and probably long gone from all of your collections, but, I thought I'd try groveling just for the hell of it (and lack of any better idea)
I am desperately looking for mp3's (or any other digital copies) of just a few things, far too obscure to find by just digging around on the internet, and I live too far away to actually scour midwestern record stores or hassle local collectors for any of these and thought maybe groveling on here might come up with something...I know these may just be lost and gone with the ages... I'd be suprised if I'm the only one who would kill for a copy of one of these....so, help?

The Urban Guerrillas - Pink Heat Seeking Moisture missile (I think that was the name, i could be wrong, it was their only Lp I believe)

Blind Approach 7"'s (there are 2 of these i think, and there was a demo tape that was really good as well)

Juvenile Truth (from Madison) - No Enemy (cassette only - 1984ish?)

Morticia - Mortal Fear (LP only I think)

Swingin' Teens - Gidget's bitchin' beach party (I think this was just a 7")

The Early Mammals - Dinosaur Omelet (an old Channel 83 LP i believe)

I would think that somebody on this board must have a copy of one of these old gems and thought perhaps may have ripped it to a digital format or something....any help would be greatly appreciated! I know these are obscure and this is a longshot, but, i am desperate for my musical memories to be restored!
Ollie Stench

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morticia

http://www.blackwidow.it/page.php?ID=87&cat=1
Sonicfreak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I have the Early Mammals on vinyl. A little birdie told me I might be getting a turntable that converts vinyl to MP3 for xmas in which case I will be able to convert this (and thousands of other things!)
rahpower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that I have the Urban Guerrillas and the Blind Approach, but I don't have a turntable hooked up to the computer. I'll try to figure something out.
uratoolkm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to own all of these, and for some reason or another loved each one, (yes, even the morticia, although i remember questioning why i liked it back then too, i think its just a nostalgia for hot mpls goth chicks, but, who knows).
I've bought most of these a few times each, but, for one reason or another my physical collections of music never managed to survive...lost a bunch in a fire, some got warped and useless, and am just craving the sounds that used to soothe me.
I've had all of these added to my wish list on soulseek for quite some time, but, had no luck with any of them...(suprisingly, i did find a copy of Iron Fist's "Crucify me" on there!)
I've found many parts of my teenage collection after years of digging, but, some of these are so specific to the small and shortlived scenes in minnesota & wisconsin i've never managed to find, hence the grovelling on various punk forums, so far with no results...
Most of these i've scoured for since the early days of napster...
Maybe not living in Mpls means i'm not connecting with the locals there who would have it shared, but, who knows. All I know is that I miss these albums and would love to hear them again and desperately just want copies of them in my mp3 collection.
I dont really need physical copies of them...just mp3's would really make my day...Some of these bands I havent heard in 20 years, but, remember loving back in the day...(even morticia for some reason!)
I'll keep checking back here and if anyone does manage to come up with mp3's (preferrably ripped at either a vbr or a bitrate of at least 128 or higher) It would be greatly appreciated...Its good to know that there are at least a few copies floating around out there, and hopefully that they will make their ways to the digital realm...
Regardless, thanks!
Ollie Stench

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ollie Stench wrote:
Morticia

http://www.blackwidow.it/page.php?ID=87&cat=1
GDMFSOB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw some of it up later when I get a little more time.....
maybe........ Cool
GDMFSOB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blind Approach - Restless Nights
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3sz8wv

Civil Defense - Gun Control
http://www.sendspace.com/file/y00dfq

Final Conflict - In The Family
http://www.sendspace.com/file/soq9aj

Boy Elroy - This is not art
http://www.sendspace.com/file/46aiy7

I'll put some more up later.
The Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck. You so nice!
GDMFSOB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe, thanks Jeff. Wink
uratoolkm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Boy Freakin Elroy! Civil Goddamn Defense! Final Conflict! Those just made my day!
Wow! Hell yeah, keep this stuff coming!
Oh, just in case anyone cares, here is:
Iron Fist - Crucify Me!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dlp2fm

If i find any other old school mpls punk stuff, i'll post it here too...
If anyone else can manage to come up with any other old stuff like this, please post it here!

(especially if its one of the ones on my list above, grovel grovel!)
Ollie Stench

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the last singer for Iron Fist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> YE OLD SCHOOL All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: