Fired Up The Harley Today.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roland Deschain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciderpunk wrote:
Well, let's see.....In the past 20 years I've always worked blue collar jobs making less than 30 grand a year. Yeah, I'm a total wanna be yuppie bastard scumfuck Rolling Eyes

I was just givin' ya greif.

It was a pot-shot at yuppie-bikers.
Ollie Stench

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip yer patch
zom-zom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can remember seeing a "gang" of four hideously ugly Harleys, the pink and aqua "50s" looking re-issues, pulling up next to me and my old Guzzi in front of Runyon's. These jackasses all had leather jackets with their law firm's name embroidered on the back. I did not make eye contact, I was almost embarassed for them.
Ollie Stench

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are called Rubes, or RUB's; Rich Urban Bikers
TLH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it a little bit odd that- at least here- a lot of people on motorcycles wave to other motorcyclists when they pass on the road. They don't wave to mopeds, vespas, or mini bikes- but they do wave at choppers, the fat fifties bikes, dirt bikes and crotch rockets. On several occasions I've seen a moped pull up into a pack of hogs and the kid on the moped nods at them and they nod back and look really put out that he's ruining their fantasy. Every time the moped rider looked like he was about to burst out laughing.
Ollie Stench

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it was new this is what the bike I just bought from The Big O looked like

When I get through with it this is what it will look more like this, but not as nice

The Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't paint the engine. It will insulate it and make it run to hot. The engine needs to be clean to cool properly.
The Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLH wrote:
I find it a little bit odd that- at least here- a lot of people on motorcycles wave to other motorcyclists when they pass on the road. They don't wave to mopeds, vespas, or mini bikes- but they do wave at choppers, the fat fifties bikes, dirt bikes and crotch rockets. On several occasions I've seen a moped pull up into a pack of hogs and the kid on the moped nods at them and they nod back and look really put out that he's ruining their fantasy. Every time the moped rider looked like he was about to burst out laughing.

I wave back at the moped guys.
But the waves have more meaning then that.
Touch the top of your helmet or circular motions with your finger in the air means cops. Hold up fingers afterwards means how many miles back on the road they are. A thumbs up means no cops. A finger pointed at the ground means they are a stupid Harley asshole and don't know shit. Sorry. I hate that number one stuff. I always wave back really goofy when they do that. Then if I see them somewhere I ask them if their Harley is a factory custom. Laughing You would be amazed at how many proud yeses I have gotten.
The Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jeff wrote:
A finger pointed at the ground means they are a stupid Harley asshole and don't know shit.

This comment I made has bugged me the last couple of days because it could be easily misunderstood.
So. I hate the weekend warrior that dresses up like an outlaw biker and thinks they are so cool. Harley hat, t-shirt on and on.
Not the old timers or motorcyclists who happen to ride a Harley.
Harleys themselves are a good bike and still are really tough competition on the flat track.

Enough said.
Germ War

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking the Basic Rider's Course starting three weeks from today! My grandpa gave me his 1999 Honda Shadow last Memorial Day and I got my permit over the summer. Looking forward to this summer a great deal.
The Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great course. It lowers your insurance rates, they give you a bike for the course, you get your endorsement when you graduate and learn some great skills.
Germ War

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jeff wrote:
That's a great course. It lowers your insurance rates, they give you a bike for the course, you get your endorsement when you graduate and learn some great skills.

That's why I'm taking it I'd never even ridden a motorcycle until last summer - obviously, I've ridden a bicycle, and knew how to drive manual trasmission, so after going around the block a couple times I got the hang of it enough to take it to work here and there, but I want to take the class so I can ride at night and start using it as my primary transportation for the warmer months to save on gas. I want to learn everything there is to know to stay safe and keep my bike in good working order.
Ollie Stench

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should probably take that course. It's like $150 right?
Ciderpunk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been driving motorcycles for almost 20 years.....and I'm thinking about taking the skills course. I'm sure I've develpoed some bad habits over the years Laughing It's really the people in their cars and trucks that you really have to worry about. Most people seem to think that they're driving a tank and are completely safe no matter how crazy they drive. I love how they claim to never see motorcycles right after they cut you off and nearly kill you. Still, as many times as I've come close to some serious accidents I refuse to stop driving my motorcycle Twisted Evil
The Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I know when I see a great opportunity for a plug on this dam Event I have been busting my ass on.

Minnesota Motorcycle safety, Minnesota Flat Track, Minnesota Ice racing, BNR and hopefully DCTC racing (I still haven't gotten ahold of the DCTC Track people yet, but I am sure they will be up for it) will all be at the Two Wheels Wild Event! They will be able to answer questions about all their classes and hand out info on them.
My favorite classes are the track classes. If you get into a really tight spot it is great to know just how fast you can veer around something. It has been a life saver for many of my friends.

http://www.tcpunk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15012
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> GAS OIL TIRES WINGS All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: