The Happening
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slomgom_Commie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: The Happening Reply with quote

Sucks. Gladly, I didn't pay, it was a walk-in, 2-for-1 freebie. I wasn't expecting anything and that's exactly what I got. M. Night Shamalamadingdong was such a promising figure in mass-market hollywood early in his career that I've maintained a smidgen of curiousity for his work. Although following The Village my curiousity is more like motorway pile-up rubber-necking than anything else.

The Happening can be both intentionally and unintentionally hilarious. And some times I'm not quite sure which. One scene that had me laffin' it up had a zookeeper walking into a lion cage and getting his arms individually torn off. Fucking hilarious! But I'm not sure if it was supposed to be funny or not. I don't think so, but who the hell knows what this retard Shama...dingdong is thinking.

Shamalamadingdong has become the new Ed Wood. This shit is fucking genius in it's utter stupidity. I wonder if he really knows what he's doing, showed how easy it was to make 2-3 good movies and then decided to play an expensive prank on Hollywood? I would like to think so, but in interviews and pretentious making-of specials, it seems clear that he thinks he's doing a crack up job.

I find it hard to believe that any studio will support future efforts from this guy.
chain-wallet bitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: The Happening Reply with quote

Exactly - I think that was kind of the big turning point for that guy. He lost me with that one, though.
Slomgom_Commie wrote:
< - snip - > following The Village my curiousity is more like motorway pile-up rubber-necking than anything else.< - snip - >

I reckon that's because people keep buying it...!
Slomgom_Commie wrote:
< - snip - > in interviews and pretentious making-of specials, it seems clear that he thinks he's doing a crack up job. < - snip - >
Max Action

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks. Gladly, I didn't pay, I had a free movie pass. I wasn't expecting anything and that's exactly what I got.

The Happening can be both intentionally and unintentionally hilarious. And some times I'm not quite sure which. One scene that had me laffin' it up had a zookeeper walking into a lion cage and getting his arms individually torn off. Fucking hilarious! But I'm not sure if it was supposed to be funny or not. I don't think so, but who the hell knows what this retard Shama...dingdong is thinking.

Shamalamadingdong has become the new Ed Wood. This shit is fucking genius in it's utter stupidity. I wonder if he really knows what he's doing, showed how easy it was to make 2-3 good movies and then decided to play an expensive prank on Hollywood? I would like to think so, but in interviews and pretentious making-of specials, it seems clear that he thinks he's doing a crack up job.

I find it hard to believe that any studio will support future efforts from this guy.
gurkin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wind of change - the scorpions
Artful Dodger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it opening weekend.
It was okay. I wasn't blown away, but it's not without entertainment value, either. Some of the suicides were pretty cool. Skip seeing it in the theater and wait for the DVD.
chain-wallet bitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People still go to see movies in theaters? Wow.
gurkin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this should have been propaganda for the war on nature
ghettosmurf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie is just absurd. "Outrun the wind!", perpetual bewilderment, scary swaying bushes, lion dismemberment(cool, but not in this movie), and for the love of all that is good(and bad)... airtight Jeeps/houses/rickety fucking shacks.
Slomgom_Commie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy! We can look forward to another great film from the mind of M. Knight Shamalamadingdong!

Quote:
Shyamalan Raises Devil

M. Night Shyamalan and Media Rights Capital have formalized the first project in their three-picture deal to hatch horror films, Variety reported.

Brian Nelson (30 Days of Night) is set to write the first project, Devil, which Quarantine helmer John Erick Dowdle will direct and produce with his brother, Drew Dowdle.

The supernatural thriller is based on an original story by Shyamalan, who'll produce with Sam Mercer under the Night Chronicles banner. The Dowdle siblings will be executive producers. The PG-13 film will begin production next year.

MRC set up Night Chronicles as a financing and production partnership with Shyamalan in July. The company's goal is to generate one genre film per year over three years, with Shyamalan hatching the ideas and overseeing the selection of talent and the creative direction.
gurkin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this with every inch of my cock.
Max Action

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was so goddamn horrible. I tried to convince myself it was on purpose, was supposed to be funny - but it wasn't.
verle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gurkin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unseen forces

shymalamamalan should make a sequel, the happening 2, where air pressure is the protagonist, an evil storm. or lunar gravity, because the moon is evil.
gurkin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Action wrote:
It was so goddamn horrible. I tried to convince myself it was on purpose, was supposed to be funny - but it wasn't.

you're telling me you didn't laugh when they looked at the trees all ominously?
Max Action

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I did laugh, but I don't think I was supposed to. I don't know. It broke me a little.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> • FLICKERS All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: