Bob Mould autobiography: See a Little Light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Bob Mould autobiography: See a Little Light Reply with quote

I got this as a gift yesterday. I've read the first few chapters so far. I can't say I've been surprised by anything so far---not that I am looking for a surprise.

But I am hoping to read more on Bob and Grant's relationship. I'm always fascinated by two people that start out not only as friends, but as real partners in a creative project and get to a point that they can barely stand the other. I mean, these two are forever linked and they cannot deny how much the other has meant to them. It must be kind of weird---maybe even more complicated than family relationships.
stu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I kind of stopped reading it after about 40% of the way into the book. I am mainly interested in the Husker stuff anyway.

I am surprised by his opinions about Greg Norton and Grant Hart. He is extremely critical of Greg and states that he had no respect for him. I didn't expect this and never really heard that from anyone else. He also doesn't criticize Grant's songs or his musicianship. I expected him to do that given how poisoned their relationship became. But he never went down that road. He is obviously extremely critical of Grant in other areas regarding drug abuse, business decisions, and personality. But that has been well known for years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> BOOK WORMS All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: