Shawn Kerri not dead?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Shawn Kerri not dead? Reply with quote

Some of you might be wondering who the fuck Shawn Kerri is. She was the artist who did the Circle Jerks and Germs stuff.

When we started this board I had made a post about her being dead. The information came from this site: http://www.georgetrosley.com/shawn.html

So anyway, Lee Ellingson calls me and sez Carl from Black Market Magazine is doing a documentary on Mad Marc Rude and will be interviewing him later that nite. Lee wants me to talk to Carl, but I tell Lee I was a super small fish in the world of 80's punk art. We talk about our trip to Hollywood to meet Marc and about trying to visit Shawn at her work when I lived in San Diego. I tell Lee that it would've been nice if Shawn was still around to interview. Lee sez "what, she's dead?" I tell him yep and copy him the link above.

Later that nite Lee asks Carl about Shawn.

"Hey 7734, here's the real scope on Shawn Kerri as told by Carl Schneider.
He's doing a documentary about Marc Rude, in locating Marc’s old friends Shawn’s name came up however like most of you thought, I was told Shawn was dead. Later (after being contacted by Bobby Lane) I found out she’s not. I met with Shawn at her mother’s house about 9 months ago in Pacific Beach. 6 – 9 years ago in Ohio while under the influence of ??? she fell down a flight of stairs and split her head open, as a result she now has brain damage. When I met with her it was obvious that she’s a bad alcoholic, she was completely (waist up) covered in a weird scale like skin disease. Her mom was desperate to help her (she was NOT trying to sell her artwork) but was discussing copyright issues regarding Shawn’s artwork and possibly pursuing lawsuits in a desperate attempt to collect money that Shawn was entitled to (everything her mom showed me looked all legitimate). Shawn’s mom says any money that she gives to Shawn she’ll just spend on alcohol. MONEY by itself WILL NOT HELP SHAWN, however money and someone taking her to a clinic for recovery WOULD HELP SHAWN! By the looks of her, if nobody helps her, she probably doesn’t have too much longer to live, I’d say maybe a few more years at most – she looked really bad."

I'm happy she's not dead, but troubled by her current state. She was my favorite punk artist next to Lee, Marc, Jaime, and XNO.

Abort_Mission

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow interesting story. I love that "Skanker" picture and even did a painting of it that still hangs in my garage. Not as good as the original though..........
TLH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby Lane from men of Clay/ the weathermen? That's a name that dredges up some long forgotten memories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TCPUNK Forum Index -> • YE OLD SCHOOL All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: